GSA Customer Benefits
Schedules are a streamlined form of procurement. GSA has already conducted the procurement and the ordering agency is simply placing a task or delivery order against the existing GSA schedule contract.
- Significant savings in terms of dollars and administrative time.
- Place orders more quickly. Streamlined ordering procedures simplified the ordering process allowing you to place your order in days rather than months. The ordering procedures are in compliance with FAR 8.4. (Results of an independent study conducted by the Johnson & Johnson Associates, Inc. found that it takes an agency an average of 268 days to conduct its own procurement but only an average of 15 days to issue an order against the schedule.)
- No J & A Required.
- No need to publish in FedBizOps.
- Ensured compliance with all applicable acquisition regulations.
- GSA establishes pre-negotiated fair and reasonable prices representing significant discounts. Agencies are free to negotiate additional discounts at any time.
- No order limitations. You can place an order for any dollar amount above $100.
- Schedule orders count toward your agency's socio-economic goals.
- Flexible ordering options. Schedules allow for establishing Blanket Purchase Agreements to fill recurring needs.
- Unlike other Government-wide acquisition vehicles, agencies do not need to obtain any approval to use the schedule vehicle
- Schedule ordering procedures for services allow for firm fixed price as well as for time and material labor hours orders (i.e., level of effort tasks where the price per hour is fixed and there is a task order ceiling price established.)
- The schedules program allows you to establish long-term relationships with quality service providers - schedule has a base contract period of five years with one five-year option.
- The ordering agency maintains a direct relationship with the contractor. GSA is not involved in the relationship (beyond establishing the original schedule contract) unless you need them to be.
Further information on the benefits of contracting through GSA are available on GSA Advantage.
GSA's Schedule Program offers Flexibility, Control, and Cost Savings